sent from a phone

> On 22. Aug 2020, at 10:15, pangoSE <pang...@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Here is yet another example of bad data in our database:

fix it ;-)

Of course OpenStreetMap contains errors, just like any other source, and
probably more, given that most contributors are laymen and have very few
experience (few total edits, often just 1).

On the other hand, we may be very fast when something changes, very flexible in
emergencies (think Haiti), and have interesting niche data that commercial and
public data providers don’t care for.

It all depends on the local community in the end. If you have reached a
critical mass to have locals everywhere, it will work great and bugs will wash
out. Otherwise the data might get stale just like any other data. Also using
the data is essential to find the problems, for example the 212 story garage is
likely fixed now ;-)

I tend to agree with Steve A.

Cheers Martin