Hi,

On 1/2/23 18:57, Sören Reinecke wrote:
As OpenStreetMap is playing an important part in the geospatial world, the OSMF should try to get IETF convinced.

Until now we've concentrated on making a good map, rather than convincing others that our map is good ;)

I think that linking to OSM objects by ID is only relevant in the immediate and time-limited QA or debugging context ("does anyone else think way 1234 has a problem here") because our IDs are not stable; linking to an OSM object by ID and expecting the ID to remain constant is asking for trouble.

Bye
Frederik