I'll state even more strongly than Frederik just did:  "linking to an OSM
object by ID and expecting the ID to remain constant is asking for trouble" is
putting it mildly.  It IS trouble.  All it takes is one single change to one
single datum and boom, the assumption that doing so can work is proven false.
I'll offer to be the first to change an ID to do this just on the general
principle that it proves this is a bad idea.

So, this (linking to an OSM object by ID and expecting the ID to remain
constant) is a non-starter.  Right here, right now.