> Hello TB-BETA,

> I have noticed this strange behavior with several messages that I have sent
> to myself, while forging the sender address to be my Gmail account.

> The issue: the sender field seems blank for these messages in the message
> list, though it does show in the message detail.

> Apparent cause: Sender address in the form
>          m...@domain.tld <m...@domain.tld>
> ie repeating the bare mail address in both the name and address token of the
> address.
> I can reproduce that anytime, just sending myself a message with sender
> formed as above.

> I have prepared some anonymised screenshots and will gladly supply the
> original messages upon request. Though, as last test shows, it has nothing
> to do with the Google addresses etc...it's probably purely the form of the
> sender address.
> HaTeTePe:www.vergangen.de/data/thebat/2012-09-14%20TBBeta%20From%20Field%20Empty.png

> Does TB! get confused by something particular with sender formed like this?
> Or is this form of the address illegal for some reason?

> A V4 installation shows these messages correctly. It showed like this at
> least in the last build and now in the current 5.2.1.2

> Anyone any ideas? Thank you in advance!

I also note (and this has been present for a while now) that if I click on the
m...@domain.tld  it does not find the default mailto: account. If anyone can
confirm, I will enter it in bugtracker

--
Rick
A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.

v5.2.1.2 (BETA) on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 3
Using all POP accounts
I download all images