Hello Peter!

On Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 1:21 PM, you wrote:

MCR>>> ... premission to create an automatic rule for the new
MCR>>> programme. This time it didn't say anything.

MB>> Nor did Sygate. I think it's that some critical number was
MB>> unchanged with this latest .msi. Maybe the one that says v. 28
MB>> when it's v.29?

I've since been reliably informed that it was other code, and not the
v. number that my firewall, as well as Cristina's firewall, was
reacting to.

PM> Kerio PF detected the change in the version and asked for
PM> confirmation.

I have now downloaded and installed v. .30. Sygate detected this and
asked permission to download these latest mails.

MB>> Anyway, it's minor, I think. :)

PM> Why do you think this? The application *had* been changed, albeit
PM> minor without change of size. So your packet filter should not
PM> ignore it.

Well, I do want Sygate to tell me when a new application begins to
access the Internet. So in that sense it is not minor.

But, in the sense that I thought RitLabs could fix this quickly, as
well as the discrepancy in v. number between the "Add or Remove
Programs" info and the info with TheBat.exe in the directory--it is
not a major problem. Tell me, please, if I'm wrong in this assessment.

So many little parts to make right.

And as I try to help, all of you "old hands" are teaching me so much!
I really do appreciate your patience and your tutoring. :)

Mary
The Bat 3.0.1 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2
(The Bat v. 3.0.1.30 Professional Edition)

 Current beta is 3.0.1 RC/7 | 'Using TBBETA' information: