Hello MAU,

> The 'tiny' problem shows up when I open a PDF attachment in TB, they
> always open with Acrobat 4.0. No real problem, I can view PDFs, but I
> just don't understand why this is happening.

Maybe TB! call the "show" association of the extension? I mean like
instead of calling
"open %1" where %1 is the name of the file, TB! calls
"show %1" ? (Or "edit %1"?)

Every extension can have different software associated for its
opening, editing, showing....

Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File types, select PDF and
click on the Advanced... button, select the Open,  or Show and press
button "Edit..."

Cheers,
--
Vili