Hello Alexander!

On Monday, May 22, 2006, 12:39 PM, you wrote:

>> The 3.81.01 number on bugtracker appeared before the 3.80.xx releases.
>> I am confused by this--I don't even know whether there *is* a 3.81.01.

> Well, if the bugtracker mentions bugs fixed in this version, there
> surely will be! Or already is, but unpublic. :-)

:) Thanks, Alex.

The thing is, that my original complaint was too limited. The part I
complained about was fixed in v. 3.80.01.

However, others began to point out the lack of visibility of other
buttons in the folder dialogue window, and it did seem as if there was
some relation.

In my testing for this latest thread I identified two difficulties
remaining:

1) The interaction with Windows dpi settings larger than 96 results in
various boxes and buttons being imperfectly drawn or not appearing at
all.

2) The scrollable menus for setting values for "Maximum number of
stored messages" and "Keep messages in base for (days)" is designed
way too far to the right.

These actually may not be fixed in a now-existing v. 3.81.01, since
these two were not even added to the BT issue report until after that
note "Fixed" was entered.

It's possible that instead of all these various reports on unusable or
unviewable boxes and buttons, that the still existing problems deserve
separate reports.

However, I did describe the situation in a BT note after Greg Strong's
note on May 18, 2006. See:

 https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5817

So I think everything will eventually get sorted out. Meanwhile, there
is a cumbersome work-around:

Set dpi at 96 or lower value; and drag the folder-properties dialogue
window out to the full width of the screen, so the boxes with
scrollable menus will show, as they do in Account/Properties.

Or else run a version before these problems cropped up--such as
3.72.01 or earlier.

Mary
The Bat 3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2