> Hi Vilius,
>
> Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 11:20:43 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 12:16:07 AM, you wrote:

> >> yikes! what's that?

> >> i concur to this question.
>
> > That explains everything.
>
> I don't think that quick, "smart-a__" criticisms of Rit Labs help
> anyone.  It is an unconstructive way of dealing with your own
> frustrations, I believe.  It would be better to go on a long walk in
> the woods or something.

Oh really? I reported the IMAP bugs on the bugtracker and on this lists. See:

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=6016
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=6017
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=6019

other serious bugs reported by others:

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=4880
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=6127
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=3961 (!!!)

All of them were completely ignored or I were said that Rit will deal with them
later, like "in another version". I paid my money for the upgrade to 2.0 with
promised IMAP support ~5 YEARS ago. It's 2008 and still no proper IMAP support
no the old bugs get fixed. They tried it in version 3.0 then again in 3.0.22 or
was it 3.0.98 (?), then again they promised IMAP and "completely new user
interface" for version 4 but changed their minds along the way and said that of
course it will be for version 4, just not for 4.0 but for 4.1.

In the mean time they are adding/fixing Smilies, Rogue Icons, HTML viewer (when
you can use IE or Gecko engines), Mail Chat (???), changing The Bat!'s splash
screen in every new version (???). Who cares about this stuff when we cannot
receive mail anyway?

On the other hand I can see why they are changing TB!'s appearance so often. To
cover not working things and to give consumer an expression that this is
completely new program. Let me quote you, RitLabs, an anonymous quote:

"[this] Shit IS unbelievable. But there it is, staring at you, smiling, getting
right up your nose, weakening your knees, watering up your eyes, turning your
stomach with its kryptonite-like powers. It's even worse if it is Somebody
Else's Shit. You can't kill shit, at best you can cover it up, but sooner or
later, everyone knows, it's there, in the room, lurking, infecting the
atmosphere."

Some would say that IMAP is not important and nobody uses it and that's
completely not true. Every company with more than 10 users uses IMAP or MAPI.
Because it is IMPOSSIBLE to manage large quantities of email on different
computers and different locations with POP3. Google and MSN already realized
this.

And for the guys who said that IMAP standard doesn't describe how interface
should work, THAT'S BU&%$*IT. Of course it doesn't describe how interface
should work, but we are talking here not about standard implementation we are
talking about IMAP functionality in The Bat! as a whole. At this stage it is
unusable and should be considered as alpha (or experimental preview) phase.
IMHO it is so unusable that should be removed in release versions completely.
Because with a bugs like 3961 it only causes danger to consumer's email.

Also one could say that IMAP is very difficult to implement. That's another
bu*&$^it. Let me tell you - USA, EU and Russians almost finished building
International Space Station in that time! IMAP IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! Rit (or
should I better say developers of Rit) had 7 YEARS for this and they still can
put up their s**t together.

I've contacted the support, I've reported bugs, nothing changed. I should say
this "smart-a__" criticism is the only thing that's LEFT. Maybe then they'll
listen (however I don't believe so). I don't use TB! Anymore, but I'll just
stay around and see where this joke TB! - IMAP story will end.

--
  Best Regards,

  Happy Outlook User.

  Vilius Šumskas