Hello, Kjartan.
You wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

KÁ> I tried using both versions of your plugin.

KÁ> When I tried to install the first one (build using C++ builder) I got
KÁ> error message telling me it couldnt find CC3260.DLL. I assume this DLL
KÁ> comes with C++ Builder and is not statically linked to the plugin.

KÁ> Anyhow. I tried the second version, which you compiled with VS. When i
KÁ> load that one The Bat starts taking up more and more memory. I killed
KÁ> it when it was consuming 400 MB in RAM (and still growing).

KÁ> My regard.rbd file is around 1 MB in size. I built it using ~3000
KÁ> spam mails and ~5000 real mails.

KÁ> Any idea what may be wrong?

It's sounds strange... :(. But my mail corpus is more humble - I have
only 700 letters of spam and 1000 of non-spam. My regard.rbd contains
about 20000 key tokens and takes around 400KB. I tried it on Windows
XP and Windows 98. In both cases all was o'key.

The first thing I think can be probed is to make smaller regard.rbd.
Can you make new rgd - with parameters like my own has - and try it
again? If all will be right then I will work on direction of memory
using. If all will go wrong I would like to have you regard.rbd to
"touch" it.

Second guess - may be it happens because of different locales. In this
case I will provide default options for it in release. Now plugin (and
regard base machine) depends (silently) also from the tables XLT which
I looked for in HKCU\Software\RIT\The Bat!\XLT.

Third, I also found one fantom error which arises from time to
time during mail checking. The error is that sometimes regarder method
in GetSpamScore does'nt be called or arise an error. I see in log that
all is right just to the moment of mail checking itself. Then in some
cases function is just stops and no regarding is returning.

Fourth - may be because of log-system itself. I use a simpliest way -
just create an instance of ostringstream at the TBInitialize and
append it to file in TBFinalize. If during work some "eternal loop"
arises (simple no guesses where it can be) it just fill the memory by
junk logs. In this case it can be good to turn log system off (just
for testing purposes).

To try last guess I maked a compilation without log system at all.
(And so it does not create or require c:\baesyan\baesyan.log at all).

Also I maked a compilation with very big log - it just logs all what
happens and it can help in locating of exact place where an error
occured. If you have a time, please, try them both.

http://klirik.narod.ru/arc/vsbaeslog.tbp (128kb)

http://klirik.narod.ru/arc/vsbaesnolog.tpb (126kb)

Also you can see the source for both compilation in attachment.

--
Sincerely,
 Alexey.

Current version is 1.62 | "Using TBDEV" information: