On Fri, 2020-05-29 at 12:36 +0300, Timo Lindfors wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 2020, Timo Lindfors wrote:
> > > If you don't see this dump in failing scenario please add
> > > "set debug=mmap" to grub.cfg, now GRUB should print that.
> >
> > I added this after the serial console setup but this does not seem to print
> > anything? I also cannot find it in the grub2 source code. Is this the
> > correct
> > syntax?
>
> Assuming you meant "lsmmap" I am attaching here output from cold and warm
> boot. Unfortunately as you can see they are identical until the cold boot
> gets stuck but maybe this still helps?

I see "Failed to get EFI memory map" message, did you configure BIOS to
use legacy boot? "set debug=mmap" should enable EFI memory map print in
grub_efi_mmap_iterate(), but this does not work when booted in legacy
mode.

I will setup my environment to test legacy boot and I will check if the
same problem occurs. If it is possible, please try EFI boot on your PC.

As printk is blocking call you can add few additional prints somewhere
around tboot.c:384 and inside copy_e820_map() and efi_memmap_copy() to
find out where exactly it hangs.

Thanks,
Lukasz