Vincent - D. Ertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]
>>> I understand we can configure our own shortcuts in version 2.

AM>> You'll be able to configure shortcuts, not create your own. There is no
AM>> keyboard shortcut provided for printing messages via the main window. You
AM>> have to use the menu. However, in folder view, the shortcut CTRL+P is
AM>> implemented and works. There are a couple other things that makes me prefer
AM>> reading my mail via the folder view window rather than the message
AM>> auto-view.

> But, hey, it can't be a big deal to provide a consistant shortcut
> behaviour, thus providing Ctrl+P in main window's auto-view ... or?

The purpose of my message was not to imply otherwise.

The real purpose was based on my initial statement:

   "You'll be able to configure shortcuts, not create your own."

The shortcut that you want is not yet implemented so you will not be
able to configure it as Thomas implied.

> BTW: The auto-view is quick and easy - so why should I switch to
> another mode? Where are the advantages?

You may browse more than one folder's messages at the same time.

You may use The Bat! across more than one desktops if you are using an
app that provides multiple desktop functionality.

The message list navigation shortcuts and toolbar buttons are provided
only in the 'View folder' window and are quite convenient.

I'm able to see more of the message listing via the main window
because message auto-view isn't occupying half the space.

Moving from the message list to the folder tree in the main window
involves tabbing once instead of twice with the message auto-view
window open. Worse if an attachment is in the message presently in
view, sometimes you have to press tab three times to get at the folder
tree.

After all that's said, it's all a matter of personal preference and
I'm glad that The Bat! offers the flexibility

--
Ali Martin                     |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ Hit any user to continue. ]
___