On Tuesday, February 08, 2000, 8:43:49 AM, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> there some way we can tell TB to do that _only_ when the quote character
>> is at the _beginning_ of a line?

>     Uhm, that would cause you other problems.  ;)

Ok, let me re-phrase that then... I wish that TB would only recognise the
quote character and treat it as such, _if_ there were no spaces preceding
it. Additionally, the 20 character limit by itself is way too long: Very
taxing on the eyes if someone is using a 20 character quote prefix.

NA>> there some way we can tell TB to do that _only_ when the quote character
NA>> is at the _beginning_ of a line?

>     Such as the above not being highlighted.

Nick>> there some way we can tell TB to do that _only_ when the quote character
Nick>> is at the _beginning_ of a line?

>     Nor the above even though TB! offers both as options in quoting.  ;)

Good examples Steve, and I agree, hence the withdrawal of my previous
request. I can't see a problem though by having preceding spaces act as a
null for the quote character... although I have a feeling you are going to
come up with one. ;o)  Most of the longer quote prefixes, including your
examples, don't have spaces.

Nick

--
   --=N.J. (Nick) Andriash=--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP Key ID: 0x15A98AC2