Hello Jack,

> I  can  understand  each account having its own trash folder but why
> the one at the bottom of the account tree...

Have  you  ever  created  and used any Common Folders? If so, when you
deleted  any  message  from  a  Common  Folder,  or  the folder itself
(containing  some message(s)), the Common Trash folder was created and
placed at the bottom of the folder tree. This Common Trash folder will
stay even if you delete all common folders.

> why would an email trashed from the <my name> account wind up in the
> bottom trash folder and not the <my name> trash folder?

Check your '<my name> account' Properties/Mail management/Deletion and
see if you find some clue there. If not, check the Properties/Deletion
of the folder where your message was when you trashed it.

Miguel A. Urech (Els Poblets (Alicante) - Spain)
Using The Bat! v7.4.2.0 Christmas Edition
My photos at: http://mau.smugmug.com
My photoblog: http://mau.aminus3.com

Winamp Playing: Joe Pass - Everything Happens to Me (CALM RADIO -
SOLO PIANO)