Hallo Charlie,

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:53:39 +0100 GMT (26/09/2000, 04:53 +0800 GMT),
Charlie Turner (ceejay) wrote:

CTc>   Does  anyone else think an on-line/off-line button for the main tool
CTc>   bar  a useful idea.

What should this do exactly?

CTc>  The main reason I ask is I have TB set up to use
CTc>   Dial-up  networking | Use an existing connection when available | No
CTc>   automatic dial for periodical checking. Trouble is the ISP I use for
CTc>   dial-up  has  a  two  hour  cut off, and it can - at busy times - be
CTc>   difficult  re-establishing a connection. I have a couple of accounts
CTc>   set  to  check  mail boxes every 5 minutes by default, as a result I
CTc>   have  TB  trying  to  establish  a connection

Why would TB try to establish a connection if you have "no automatic
redial" checked?

The reason will be that at least one of the accounts has "Use specific
Network..." checked with dial-up information under Account /
Properties / Network. Any spefici netowrk setting will ignore the "no
automatic" instruction.

You have to set up your dialling instructions *inly* under Options /
Network & Admin.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM