Hi Charlie,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:27:25 +0100GMT (28/09/2000, 04:27 +0800GMT),
Charlie Turner (ceejay) wrote:

[...]

CTc> Sadly no. I can confirm that TB *still* insists on trying to establish
CTc> a dial-up connection. I am as certain as I can be that I've tried just
CTc> about every permutation of settings in Network properties.

I'm surprised then.

CTc> I am as certain as I can be that is a bug and will report it. It is
CTc> worth mentioning, that this bug won't show up for everyone. I believe
CTc> this may only happen when the connection is dropped remotely. My
CTc> dial-up provider operates a two hour cut off, plus due to over
CTc> subscription of this particular service line dropping is a pretty
CTc> regular occurrence too.

OK, that's something else. When the connection is broken before the
mail check is finished, TB will try to reconnect to complete the task
of sending/downloading mail. this is not a periodical check, but
completion of the first attempt. In any case, when you hit "abort" in
the dial-up monitor, this should stop.

Just a curious questiuon: why would 2 hours not be enough for a
mail-check?

CTc> I know what you're going to say.... change your provider. Sadly
CTc> for a number of reasons it's not that simple.

I wouldn't say that - I cannot change provider either. Unless I'm
ready to fork out the money for a cable modem, which I am thinking
about.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.