Hallo Ming-Li,

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 11:32:22 -0700 GMT (01/10/2000, 02:32 +0800 GMT),
Ming-Li wrote:

>> The remote address belongs to a university in Taiwan,...

ML> I have no idea about your question, but this got me curious. Yet
ML> here my NSLookup tells me the address belongs to Hinet (the domain
ML> name is h191.s23.ts31.hinet.net).

Where did you look this up? I look at www.nic.com/nic_info/whois.htm.
It only says Ministry of Education. I get a lot of warning for
attempted inbound from that range of addresses.

What you describe there has more the form and shape of my SMTP server
(look at the kludges in any of my messages on this list); it could in
fact be any Hinet user that this belongs to. Come to think of it, I
wouldn't be surprised if the whole Hinet IP address range is
registered under the Ministry of Education.

What does that tell us? Probably nothing. Someone in Taiwan was trying an
inbound ICP connection, and for some reason invoked TheBat to do that.
As Oliver pointed out, how could that have been an inbound attempt by
TB? What exactly happened here?

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM