Hello Thomas!

On Friday, September 03, 2004, 9:24 AM, you wrote:

MB>> 2) For Smiley handles enclosed in brackets  <  >

TF> I would like this better.

Okay, including Roelof, this makes 2 openly expressing this preference
so far. Thanks so much for responding.

TF> I understand Allen's caveat about HTML tags, I'm just uttering a wish
TF> as a (plain text) user. <> *are* quite common, people make things up
TF> in their own language, and people reading it smile. If for some
TF> people, using TB of course, this renders a little pic, good. But if a
TF> non-TB user receives a mail with ::-surrounded expressions, he will
TF> still understand the meaning but it would look somewhat weird.

I see. And The Bat! *is* used world-wide by people of many different
languages.

BTW, I hope you noticed the thread where I'm campaigning to get "GRR"
either deleted from the default.msl or enclosed. I took the liberty of
using your experience with it as an example of why.

With the apparent new marketing campaign, RITLabs really doesn't need
that or "headshot" turning up in a business environment with a new
user.

Mary (PCWSmileys Administrator)
http://www.PCWize.com/thebat/PCWSmileys.php
The Bat! 3.0 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2