Thursday, April 28, 2005, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

U>> As long as space is a valid character (which it is) it would make
U>> explaining regexps a lot harder, for example.

> So? I don't use regexes, but I do use the TB viewers.

Questions on regexps do pop up on the TB* lists from time to time. No
wonder, since the lists are the best source for help on how to use TB!

Once I hoped for a help file that match the other qualities of TB! but
time has made me cynical.

Therefore, I think, it would be an unfortunate thing to do since there
is a possibility of confusing poor newbies more than they already are.
It could turn into the old (c)-smilie-problem (remember that? Those were
the days!) in miniature.

--
Urban

I gase at the brilliant full moon. The same one, I think to myself, at
which Socrates, Aristotole and Plato gazed. Suddenly, I imagine they
appear beside me. I tell Socrates about the national debate over one's
right to die and wonder at the constancy of the human condition. I tell
Plato that I live in the country that has come the closest to Utopia,
and I show him a copy of the Constitution. I tell Aristotle that we have
found many more than four basic elements and I show a periodic table. I
get a box of kitchen matches and strike one. They gasp with wonder. We
spend the rest of the night lighting farts.