Hello Roelof,

 On Thursday, February 2, 2006, 1:28:18 PM, which was 5:23:45 PM
where I am, you wrote:

RO> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 06:52:59 -0500GMT (2-2-2006, 12:52 +0100, where I
RO> live), you wrote:

RD>> From time to time, as right now, CC hangs up when ostensibly trying to
RD>> check mail on one email account. The one it is hung on currently is
RD>> GMX and is **usually** this one too.

RO> That's a long time issue. When an already established connection with
RO> a server fails, the CC (and TB) gets stuck.
RO> It's not very strange that it's the same server most of the time,
RO> because it has something to do with the quality of your connection to
RO> the server and gmx is supposed to be on the other side of the world
RO> for you.
I've had the same problem for many months now, despite ADSL and a local
ISP.

RO> Of course it can be related to the time you're connected to the
RO> server, suppose you get ten times as much mail from gmx as from the
RO> rest, then it's got ten times as likely that that connection fails
RO> when you've got a bad connection from your ISP.

RO> So, in other words: It's a known issue and it's not strange that it's
RO> often the same connection.

RO> I don't know how much bandwidth you've got with gmx, but you could
RO> consider to check the mail less frequently. That lessens the chance of
RO> failure.
I find that a rather strange suggestion. I have arranged my settings
so that TB! downloads mail on startup; I've also tried to download,
only when I do Ctrl-F2, with many shades in-between (I even purchased
the Professional Edition), but all with very relative degrees of
success.

Logically, I guess, if I stopped trying to access my email for a week,
I would be free of the problem for a good seven days...

--
Regards,
Maurice

Using The Bat! 3.65.03 on Windows XP Pro
 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2