>> Also, is there any easy way to archive emails older than xyz and if
>> so, how would I do that.

> Yes. In the folder's Properties, check the box and enter a value for "Keep
> messages in
> base for". Then, on the Deletion tab, check the "Use folder-specific
> deletion settings". Under "Alternative Deletion", select "Move to the
> specified folder" and configure as you see fit. Also, select "Use
> alternative deletion for for purging this folder". On the main tab,
> you may also want to check "Remove old messages (on exit)".

This is a great suggestion to automate what I was doing with "normal"
filters and manual transfers before but it's not exactly what I meant.
In OE I actually removed the relevant .dbx folders and stored them
separately on my hard drive. The idea was to keep the email program
smaller and hopefully less prone to corruption. I generally do not
have to refer to emails older than 6 months (but may have to store
them for legal reasons). Could I do the same, ie moving a folder from
documents & settings / application data/ The Bat/ Folder X to another
spot on my harddrive without affecting the working of TB? Could I if
necessary put it back at a later stage? Is any of this necessary or
are you guys all happy with quite a number of big folders within TB.

Thanks Roelof re the max size 2GB, now I know when to start making
arrangements for splitting or moving folders .

--
Tom
using TB 3.65.03 on XP