On Tue, 23 May 2000, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm still Java-deficit so I am uncertain what you mean
> when you say "Try opening another .jar file".

Just open the tcljava.jar file that was created in the build directory.
A Jar file is nothing more than a .zip file with a new extension.

> Also, here's another peculiar error I am seeing:
>
> $ /usr/tcl83/bin/wish
> wish8.3 [/home/lwv26]package require java
> System.loadLibrary("tclblend") failed because of UnsatisfiedLinkError
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no tclblend in java.library.path
>         at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
> This despite the fact that when I did the make install the install
script > indicated that things had been installed correctly.

Ahh, but you did not use the jtclsh startup script did you :)

You have two choices when starting up TclBlend or Jacl. You
can set up all the env variables by hand so that Tcl Blend
loads properly or you can use the supplied jtclsh or jwish
scripts to set them for you. I always suggest using the jtclsh
or jwish scripts because they are known to work.

I am also going to update the Makefile so that it prints out
the names of the programs that should be used to actually run
Jacl or Tcl Blend.

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.