>>>Mo DeJong said:

> Could you guys make a couple of changes to the tcljava mailing list?
> For one thing, it rewrites the headers when it should not. This leads
> to really long subject lines when people respond to email.

OK, I've replaced a "sed" invocation
SUBJ=`formail -zx Subject: | sed "s|\(Re: \)*\[Tcl Java\] \(Re: \)*|Re: |g"`
with a call to a short Tcl script that I can comprehend.
It works in isolation, and this message is a test to the mailing list.

Mo has also asked for a "Reply-To: tcljava" header, but I'm more reluctant
to do that.  The behaviour of mail user agents becomes rather undefined when
you do that.  I suppose we can try it, but it may not perform as well as you
hope.
Let's first see if this silly subject re-writing goes OK.

The subject in my mail message is currently:

Re: [Tcl Java] RE: [Tcl Java] Re: [Tcl Java] Multiple Tcl.lang.Interp in a
single JVM
but should become simply
[Tcl Java] Re: Multiple Tcl.lang.Interp in a single JVM

--      Brent Welch     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        http://www.ajubasolutions.com
        Scriptics changes to Ajuba Solutions
        scriptics.com => ajubasolutions.com