On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Toga Hartadinata wrote:

> Hi, I have a question on running JACL.
>
> I am integrating JACL to script my gui, and was testing it on windows
> platform, using a Unix type shell (MKS Toolkit).
>
> When I was running JACL sometimes it stuck for a few seconds, before
> giving me a response. This case happens randomly, even with the same
> operation I requested. Is this machine dependable ???
> I run the same program on Unix and it never stuck.
>
> Anyone ever encountered the same problem ? Or is my machine is just to
> slow ?

Did this only happen when typing into the console? I have not
tested Jacl on any console other than the regular cmd.exe
type of dos console on windows. You might want to try turning
on the debug options in src/jacl/tcl/lang/Shell.java and
see what get printed, you would have to debug it yourself,
but I do not see any other way of addressing this issue.
You might also want to try another JVM and see if that does
anything.

By the way, why would you use that MKS Toolkit when
you could be using Cygwin?

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc