On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Trella Christopher-P28453 wrote:

> I have my own class that I want to bind events to in my script, but it
> always says unknown event whenever I try the bind.  Using a debugger, the
> java::bind command line EventSetDescriptor[] events =
> beanInfo.getEventSetDescriptors(); returns an array of length 0.  I cannot
> figure out why my listeners that I add with proper add/remove listener
> methods according to the bean spec.

> Thanks,
> Chris

To be honest, I have no idea. It could be that you need to add
some sort of declaration of what your class supports, note
how the java.beans.SimpleBeanInfo class docs say:

"It defaults to providing "noop" information, and can be
selectively overriden to provide more explicit information
on chosen topics."

I am sure someone is using Tcl/Java to access bean related info,
but it would seem to be an area that may need some work. Would
you be willing to invest some time improving the Java bean
related documentation and perhaps add an example? There was
an old bean example in version 1.0, but it was a pain
and we had no "bean expert" on the team so it was dropped.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc