Ronnie,

Some systems, e.g. WinPcap, don't provide information about the the
direction. In addition, they never provide FCS, so its length would be
always 0. They don't give indication about the link-layer-type-dependent
errors (at least, they don't give a per packet indication).
I think, indeed, that this is the behavior of most capture drivers. So,
granting that all this information will always be present is not so easy...

Loris

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.