> > configure:3849: checking for getifaddrs
> > configure:3899: cc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
> > Warning(1028): getifaddrs_ is an undefined reference
>
> That's only a warning?  Is there a way to force cc on QNX4 to
> *fail* if some symbol isn't found?  If so, autoconf's
> AC_CHECK_FUNC macro should use that; perhaps there's a way
> for us to force it to do so in the configuration file.

The actual compiler is wcc, Watcom v10.6

There is a wcc option, "-we" (treat all warnings as errors) described as
follows.

"By default, the compiler continues to create an object file when there are
warnings produced.  This option can be used to treat all warnings as errors,
thereby preventing the compiler from creating an object file if there are
warnings found within a module."

'cc' provides for "-f{option}" which allows us to pass -f option to wcc.

So, "cc -f we" should do the trick?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.