--- Begin Message ---
Thanks for the feedback, your suggestions do make the specification
clearer. I edited the specification based on your suggestions, and I also
clarified the usage of integer bit fields within the Flags field.

Link to the updated version of the spec with the latest changes:
https://gistcdn.githack.com/sultanqasim/8b6561309f5934f084a0d938ae733b7a/raw/199fb1867642c927f768fe7d67dae2a639acb48e/LINKTYPE_BLUETOOTH_LE_LL_WITH_PHDR.html

Best regards,
Sultan

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 3:58 PM Guy Harris <ghar...@sonic.net> wrote:

> A couple more editorial comments:
>
> In the description of the bits in the Flags field, I'd describe the 0x3000
> bits as "PDU type dependent", and, after they're listed indicate that:
>
>         For PDU types other than type 1 (auxiliary advertising), the PDU
> type dependent field indicates the checked status of the MIC portion of the
> decrypted packet:
>
>                 * 0x1000 indicates the MIC portion of the decrypted LE
> Packet was checked
>                 * 0x2000 indicates the MIC portion of the decrypted LE
> Packet passed its check
>
>         For PDU type 1 (auxiliary advertising, the PDU type dependent
> field indicates the auxiliary advertisement type:
>
>                 * 0x0000: AUX_ADV_IND
>                 * 0x1000: AUX_CHAIN_IND
>                 * 0x2000: AUX_SYNC_IND
>                 * 0x3000: AUX_SCAN_RSP
>
> I'd redo the last two paragraphs as:
>
>         The LE Packet field follows the previous fields. All multi-octet
> values in the LE Packet are always expressed in little-endian format, as is
> the normal Bluetooth practice.
>
>         For packets using the LE Uncoded PHYs (LE 1M PHY and LE 2M PHY) as
> defined in the Bluetooth Core Specification v5.2, Volume 6, Part B, Section
> 2.1, it is represented as the four-octet access address, immediately
> followed by the PDU and CRC; it does not include the preamble.
>
>         For packets using the LE Coded PHY as defined in the Bluetooth
> Core Specification v5.2, Volume 6, Part B, Section 2.2, the LE Packet is
> represented as the four-octet access address, followed by the Coding
> Indicator (CI), stored in a one-octet field with the lower 2 bits
> containing the CI value, immediately followed by the PDU and the CRC; it
> does not include the preamble. Packets using the LE Coded PHY are
> represented in an uncoded form, so the TERM1 and TERM2 coding terminators
> are not included in the LE packet field.

--- End Message ---