--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 12:08 PM Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers <
tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:

> Travis CI tcpdump builds have been failing for a while and I went to
> see why. It is easy to see that only the jobs that have
> "BUILD_LIBPCAP=yes CMAKE=yes" fail

These jobs are still failing, but now for a different reason.  The build
succeeds, but the tests fail - the tests that require the new libpcap.
However, if you augment TESTrun to print the version, it says
1.11.0-PRE-GIT but the tests that need the new libpcap still fail.  I can
not find anything that changes LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or anything, but shortly
after running

print "Running tests from ${testsdir}\n";

print "using ${TCPDUMP}\n";

system "${TCPDUMP} --version";

we run

    $r = system "$TCPDUMP -# -n -r $input $options >tests/NEW/${outputbase}
2>${rawstderrlog}";

and that uses the wrong libpcap.

I am at loose ends as to how to debug further - a sample log from my
attempt to see what's going on is
https://api.travis-ci.com/v3/job/468210839/log.txt - the diffs in that run
are very simple (and the env. variable one is probably
incorrect/unnecessary) -
https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump/compare/master...fenner:cmake-pcap

  Bill

--- End Message ---