On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 06:17:22AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
>       I tried this change, and it doesn't work -- same results from
> xprobe.  I don't get the warning during compilation, but the
> behaviour of xprobe is unchanged.

I wasn't expecting any of those changes to fix the behavior of xprobe; I
was just expecting them to remove the warnings.  All those versions of
the code happen to work, given the way that C implementations work, and
given that all the relevant types are 32 bits, but they don't all happen
to be good C - that's what the compiler is warning about.

>       Of the three combinations, which would you suggest?  Remove the
> cast and add the .s_addr, change the cast and leave the rest along,
> or change the cast and add the .s_addr as well?

I'd actually go for my other suggestion, with temporary bpf_u_int32
variables pointers to which are passed to "pcap_lookupnet()" and which
are assigned to the two structure members.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe