i tried your patch to tcpdump (around apr 25 - sorry that i made you
        wait for a long time).  it looks to me that the signedness changes
        are correct, however, in some cases your change will make libpcap
        optimize less.  for example, we could have optimized "1 > 1" to
        "ret #0" alone.

itojun

itojun[starfruit:~/work/tcpdump/tcpdump] SU ./tcpdump -n -i lo0 -d '1 > 1'
tcpdump: WARNING: BIOCPROMISC: Invalid argument
(000) ld       #0x1
(001) ldx      #0x1
(002) jgt      x                jt 3    jf 4            <-- always false
(003) ret      #96
(004) ret      #0
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe