From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       i tried your patch to tcpdump (around apr 25 - sorry that i made you
>       wait for a long time).  it looks to me that the signedness changes
>       are correct, however, in some cases your change will make libpcap
>       optimize less.  for example, we could have optimized "1 > 1" to
>       "ret #0" alone.

less optimization is better than bad optimization.
without my patch, '1 > 1' produce following.
it's obviously wrong.

(000) ret      #96

of course, i agree that better optimization (ie. "ret #0")
is better, though...

---
YAMAMOTO Takashi<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe