Hugh Brown <aardv...@saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com> writes:
> I'm starting to reconsider favourite hardware vendors.  ("I only have
> one rose to give away...")  I'm looking for advice on ILOMs, and in
> particular console access/Serial-Over-LAN.

I use an OpenGear brand console server and baytech rebooters;  it's really
nice, and /much/ cheaper per port than any ILM I've seen.   The other
advantage is that it's compatable with any vendor of server hardware,
so you can always go with what is cheapest or otherwise best.  You don't
need to re-write your management scripts every time you switch
hardware vendors.