* Martin Pieuchot <mpieuc...@nolizard.org> [2014-04-24 13:24]:
> This ifp pointer is only needed by rt_getifa() to find an address, so
> make it a local variable.
>
> The rtrequest1(9) change might introduce a negligible slowdown since
> I remove the already known ifp pointer.  But this only happens in the
> case described in the comment just before and I would bet because of
> carp_setroute(), still nobody to fix this?  It's not better than
> OpenSSL...
>
> In the rtsock chunk, the two pointers are equivalent.
>
> Ok?

yup.

the carp route fiddling is pretty damn mad, and with the route
priorities and the ability to mark routes as down there should be a
much cleaner way to do this these days.
heck, the entire carp route fiddling needs to be reassesed. things
changed, i can\t even fully remeber why it is there (i think it was
about backup nodes still being able to reach a network only present on
the carp if or the like), and i seem to remember it doesn't quite work
as expected anyway, but don't take my word for it, memory REALLY fuzzy
on that front.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services GmbH, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP