On 2014/05/15 00:13, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 23:29:20 +0200
> > From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsdt...@bsws.de>
>
> > this diff fixes that. well, really two independent parts.
> > one: set the NOINET6 flag by default on each and every interface.
>
> ok on that bit
>
> > two: implement "ifconfig <if> +inet6" to turn inet6 on and assign
> > the link-local addr.
>
> I don't think this is a good idea; didn't we establish the other day
> that "ifconfig <if> eui64" already did what your +inet6 does?

Actually it's "ifconfig <if> inet6 eui64", so in hostname.if with
the current parser it would probably be something like "up inet6 eui64"
or "!ifconfig $if inet6 eui64" instead ..

Using +inet6 gets around that problem and seems to me like a better
counterpart to the existing -inet6.

(If we were to make this work more nicely in netstart which is a bad
place for any required changes; it's in etc*.tgz which is usually
not updated until after the kernel/binaries).