* Stefan Sperling <s...@openbsd.org> [2014-07-15 12:35]:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:15:12PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > I'm slightly undecided on whether this should make this release or
> > not...
> In that situation, I usually decide that the risk won't outweigh
> the benefits of just waiting for a while. No change means nobody
> can get hurt.

let me reformulate that as "haven't made my mind up". first step of
coirse is some form of risk assessment, and that risk seems to be
rather small.

i can perfectly live with postponing this to after release as well,
not pushing.

> > kernel-rtsol should make release imo.
> I haven't seen a working diff yet.

I don't think he mailed it out yet. Sitting next to each otehr in
Ljubljana had some benefits :)

> Last time I talked to florian there were still some open questions.

tiny nits

> Generally, I think it's non-trivial to
> move rtsold into the kernel so we should give such a change a soak period
> of at least a few weeks (I don't know if there is enough time left for
> that, but perhaps not). The kernel environment has much more potential
> for hidden side-effects.

oh I'm NOT suggesting to remove rtsol/d yet. It's not like they would
conflict with the kernel-based rtsol handling, at worst you send a
solicitation too much, which really is no big deal.

but again, I wouldn't have a problem with postponing this to after
release either.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services GmbH, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP