On 15/08/14(Fri) 10:43, Henning Brauer wrote:
> * Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> [2014-08-15 10:29]:
> > On 2014/08/12 15:46, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > > I find arp(8) output really difficult to read, but more importantly it
> > > does not print the expire time of non permanent entries like ndp(8).
> > >
> > > So the diff below change arp(8)'s output to be more similar to ndp(8)'s
> > > one.
> > Personally I like the extra information from the timer,
>
> same here
>
> > but not the big change of format (I find the extra whitespace makes
> > it harder to see which MAC address goes with each IP address)
>
> I actually like the proposed new format there better.
>
> > or loss of IP addresses where a name exists.
>
> here I agree with stuart.

Well I couldn't came with a better trade-off.  The actual output does
not fit in 80 columns as soon as a FQDN is a bit long and adding the
timer information does not help.  So instead of reinventing an output,
I tried to match what ndp does.

At least with this diff the "-n" flag is coherent with what route(8),
netsat(8) and ndp(8) do.

So I hear what you say but I don't see which output can address the
points you raised.

So unless somebody has a better idea, I'd like to commit this so that
we can get use to the new output 8)