SMALL is needed to reduce storage requirements on ramdisks.

RA DNS support has been mentioned before, I think there was some sort of plan
to have the kernel record the information and allow userland to retrieve it but
I don't recall the details.

Certainly rtsol is not required in order for router advertisements to work and
the addresses will need to be updated whenever they change, not just when rtsol
is run.

--
Sent from a phone, please excuse the formatting.