On Sat, Oct 08, 2022 at 09:57:54AM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2022 at 07:33:38AM +0200, Florian Obser wrote:
> > Being up2date doesn't feel like an error to me, what am I missing?
>
> I concur.

I think Josh is looking for similar behaviour to syspatch(8). To be able
to distinguish, upgrade is ready (exit 0), system is up to date (exit 2)
or error occurred (exit 1).

I have the same need to distinguish between nothing to do - you are on
latest snapshot (sysupgrade -s -n) versus pending upgrade, as I use
`sysupgrade -s -n` a lot.

On my side I just check that non-zero /bsd.upgrade file exists. I
think what Josh is trying to achieve make sense, but I would make it
exit code 2, the same way like syspatch(8).

--
Regards,
 Mikolaj