Hurray! we now have a store that stocks these recorders, the full range so I'm going to have a look at at a few next week, may consider the purchase of 1. The Zoom H1 is a damn nice recorder but I have to admit the ability to organise files and folders whilst on the road so to speak would be handy. The Olympus recorders also have better auto gain controls as I understand it and they will also quite happily handle multiple formats for playback including MP3 files, I think one model even handles Daisy material.

The model our store is advertising has 4GB of internal memory as well as a micro SD slot.

My Iriver 320 device is finally proving to be too costly to repair so the Olympus should replace this rather nicely and I'm not complaining as the Iriver hard drive has been recording and playing audio nicely for the last 6 years.

--
Dane Trethowan
Sending email from his EEEPC Netbook