Found myself nodding my head as I read the below post.

In Australia all our radio and TV services are available to the masses without restrictions.

The tax payer in Australia pays for our national - and at the moment International - broadcaster the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Some calculations were done some time ago which worked out that each and every Australian paid 10 cents per day to keep the ABC going and even though I'm not a huge fan of the ABC I think I certainly get my money's worth given that I only pay 10 cents a day.

As the below poster mentions, services such as Radio Australia has made a huge difference to people in developing countries and if Radio Australia can educate and inform then I don't mind so much. Of course! the ABC at times does run its own agenda these days but let's leave that out of the discussion for the time being <smile>.

So my view is simple, whether or not I like the ABC I value my 10 cents per day not only for what it gives me but for what others can be given to listen to or to watch as well, unrestricted.