Gordon,

You will be fine, it is fairly easy to pick up.  you are fine to download the
latest version to play with in demo mode.  The dongle is only used for
validation purposes and does not include a copy of the software on the drive
(at least mine does not).

It might be useful to check which version of JAWS your potential employer is
currently using.  For example I use JAWS 12 which is not the latest and my
dongle only allows me to use JAWS 12.  so when I installed JAWS on my mac, I
downloaded the exact same version so the dongle would work on that too.  The
other reason why it is useful to know is because features and the way the
settings are different in older versions.

Chris