Hi!

I like the Apple Wireless keyboards, I use one with my Mac Mini late 2012 model
though its getting a little long in the tooth now.

I would have gladly bought a replacement but a replacement is now in the form
of the Apple Magic Keyboard if you buy from the Apple Store.

The main difference in the new Magic Keyboard seems to be the addition of a
built-in rechargeable battery and the removal of the tube at the rear of the
board which housed the 2 AA batteries of the Wireless keyboard.

That change alone sparked my interest - I use Sanyo Envelop rechargeable cells
in my Wireless keyboard here which last around 8 weeks but I’m sick of having
to change them though it can’t be denied the Envelop batteries have saved me
heaps of cash - so the incentive was to replace the wireless keyboard with one
of the new magic types until I started doing a little research and saw the
price.

If you’re thinking of a replacement Magic Keyboard, Trackpad or mouse then the
following review offers some inside into Apple’s thinking regarding these new
models.

I think I might go for a third party keyboard and say “Goodby” to Apples
product, price alone is a major factor in my thinking too.

> http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/19/review-apple-magic-keyboard-trackpad-2/
> <http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/19/review-apple-magic-keyboard-trackpad-2/>

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.