If you wish to keep your iPhone but want to listen to the music in far better
quality than what Apple’s Headphone output gives then the pair of headphones
reviewed here may be exactly what you’ve been after, even I’m tempted to get a
pair though I don’t use the iPhone for much these days but there’s no doubt
about the convenience these cans would offer.

The cans use the Lightning connector of your iPhone/iPad/iPod so the music is
digitally transferred to DAC’S in the cans themselves.

According to the review Philips have brought us the first set of headphones
with a Lightning connector and more will follow I’m sure.

http://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/headphones/philips-fidelio-m2l-1292276/review

<http://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/headphones/philips-fidelio-m2l-1292276/review>

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.