Sorry this has taken me so long to get around to responding to this. I am
always pleased to see banks and other institutions brought to book when it
comes to discrimination issues. Be they against any group of disabled people,
it’s wrong in the extreme to deprive either a group or, for that matter, a
single solitary person of their fundamental right to equality. I only wish
there were groups over here who had the backbone to stand up for the rights of
minority indigenous people by making use of the law.

All that seems to happen over here is protests, and even those are a
one-day-wonder. But I’m getting off topic, our purpose here is to discuss
technological issues, not legal or moral ones.

But our banks don’t even offer these facilities as far as I’m aware. Indeed,
there’s no guarantee that a bank’s website is even going to be accessible. My
own bank, for instance, has made changes to their website which have
significantly impacted on accessibility. It’s actually quite difficult now to
view statements etc. And branches are closing down completely because, so say
the banks, of the growing popularity of online and mobile banking in general.