A few points in reply to your eMail.
Firstly regarding the watch? I wouldn’t buy any Watch right now whether it be
Samsung, Apple and so on as the big Swiss watch giants are about to flood the
market with their wares and we know what that means, the bar will be lifted on
performance, features etc where upon Apple, Samsung and the rest will be left
to dust themselves off and come up with something new.
I upgraded my Apple iPhone from a 6S to an 8 and I’m very glad I did.
I’m not particularly concerned about the lack of a headphones socket so that
certainly didn’t enter my thought process when the opportunity presented itself
for upgrading.
If you have a hearing impairment and sound is all important to you - and you’re
able to upgrade to say something better than the 6S - then I’d recommend you
seize the upgrade opportunity as those Apple phones above the 6S take the sound
of the internal speaker to a new and clear level, something Samsung phone users
and Sony users have experienced for quite some time.
Whether you upgrade to one of the iPhone X series is entirely your choice. I
didn’t go that far as I felt an iPhone 8 would serve my needs for quite some
time to come.
As for Apple having better performance over the Samsung S10 for transmission?
Well I’m no expert but I do know someone who is, he’s a mobile engineer with
one of our big phone company’s in Australia so he’ll have a small chuckle I’m
sure when he reads about Apple transmission qualities <smile>.
Since I’ve mentioned the Samsung S10 I should also add to my notes by saying
that I’m well used to the onscreen fingerprint reader now and I can unlock the
phone instantly. Its something to really get used to when you touch the screen
and the phone instantly unlocks.
At the end of the day however Apple and Samsung are premium products and what
you prefer to use is entirely your thing.