Hi,
Its not often that I rave about such humble devices as battery chargers but
then again perhaps I should talk more about battery chargers given the ever
increasing reliance on rechargeable batteries.
I have found a Battery Charger that ticks all the boxes a battery charger
should in my view except for the fact that the unit does not have alligator
clips to charge those non-standard types of batteries we may see such as later
types which are still commonly used.
The ansmann  charger can charge 6 D or C cells, 12 AA or AA cells, 2 nine volt
batteries and has 2 USB ports for the charging of phones etc so as you can see
the charger has plenty to boast about.
Furthermore each cell is independently tested and charged so you can be assured
that all batteries will be fully optimised and charged at the end of each
charging cycle.
The charger has a series of light to indicate the charging status of each cell.
No, not particularly useful when you can’t see the changing colours however I
have found a way of knowing when the charging cycle has completed.
The ansmann charger generates a little heat whilst in charging mode whereas
when the charger is cool the cycle has completed and your batteries ready.
Charging can take some time depending on the load. I regularly charge 4 ansmann
8000MAH size D batteries at a time and that takes 12 hours so higher capacity
batteries will take longer.
Still 12 hours charging time is incredibly quick when you compare to the 72
hours the batteries would take to charge in one of my radio sets.
So this brings us to the obvious question, why would anyone want an external
charger when a rechargeable radio could be purchased with an internal battery
charger.
I’ve described how much quicker the Asmann is at bringing batteries to full
charge and in an optimised condition.
The other advantage the Asmann charger has is the ability to check the
condition of each cell, something most chargers in radio sets etc cannot do as
all the batteries are connected in series and are taking a current supplied by
the radio.
You can find the ansmann charger at Amazon

------------------------------

This post, like all posts to the Techno Chat E-Mail group has been scanned by
our server-side antivirus/malware solution. This should not, however, be viewed
as a substitution for your own security strategy. We assume no culpability
whatever, implicit or otherwise, for any compromise to your systems as a result
of opening any post to this group. Suffice it to say that we remain vigilant
within the boundaries of reason. We strongly urge you to do likewise! You have
been warned!!!

You can find an RSS listing of all posts to this group at:
<https://mail.mac-access.net:7025/list/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
or at:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=all&q=techno-chat@techno-chat.net>

To encourage your friends to join this group, first accept our thanks for
spreading the word. Then, have them send a message to the list processing
engine at:
<techno-chat-j...@techno-chat.net>
To toggle on/off Digest (batch) mode for this group, please send a blank
message to:
<techno-chat-dig...@techno-chat.net>
To leave the group, please send a blank message to:
<techno-chat-le...@techno-chat.net>.

To contact the support address for this group, please write to:
supp...@techno-chat.net>