Hello everybody

Right, I just thought I’d do some research to clear the muddy waters of
confusion, probably created by speech synthesis.

Samsung Smart Switch is indeed a proprietary app developed by Samsung. But it’s
been taken to a different level now as it exists across platforms. It’s
available for Android 4.0 or later, iOS 5.0 or later, Microsoft Windows 7 or
later, Mac OS X 10.8 or later and MacOS 10.13 or later.

The Samsung website indicates that it works by means of WiFi or USB
connectivity, so maybe the Galaxy to Galaxy protocol is different, as per
Dane’s message.

I have an app on my iPhone and on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ called
“SmartSwitch”,(al one word), which I don’t seem to be able to locate on the web
at this time. But I’ve only just scratched the surface, so I will look again
now more deeply.

The Downloadable files for Windows and Mac are a little more difficult, though
not impossible, to locate. Therefore, to save others the trouble of doing so, I
have linked to them on my DropBox below:

MacOS Version:

<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pkxuhtvnxfz49wd/AAAMHqThZdBIDTDw4C9bpkDna?dl=0>

Windows Version:

<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5ycc9ndx07ysug7/AADLjbFElUvLIkA_YpV0Py2na?dl=0>

I hope that’s helpful to somebody or other. I’ll go and hunt down the other
version.