I've moved this thread over to Techno-Chat, as it is no longer relevant to
Apple's products. We're now discussing microphones etc.

Not sure why you reckoned I wanted to use a headset microphone. I never said
that at all. What I said is that, if I do go down that road, it will be done
properly. I expressed the view that when you do a recording of this nature,
when the music quality is high and then the presenter's microphone sounds as
though they're using a telephone, it spoils the entire experience in terms of
quality. I've never yet heard a headset microphone which has good bandwidth,
not even those used in the professional world. For instance, in the media you
sometimes hear reporters using headsets to file reports. The quality in that
circumstance, where speech is the only medium, isn't important so a headset in
that kind of situation is perfectly fine. However, and I stand by this view
absolutely, if a DJ or music presenter tried to get away with using a headset
when presenting a music show, the poor quality of microphones interently found
in headsets, even wired headsets and those costing many hundreds of
Dollars/Pounds, the poor quality of the audio would stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm simply expressing a personal opinion, and I'm saying that, if I were in the
situation where I wanted to record shows using a portable setup, more about
this in a moment, there's no way I would even contemplate using a headset
microphone.

The reason I opted to comment on this thread is quite simple. As somebody who
broadcasts regularly for hospital radio, it would make the whole experience
more pleasant for me sometimes to be able to record content on-the-fly, away
from the studio.

I have not done this as yet, for precisely this reason. I haven't found a way
until now of matching the quality of the spoken audio to that of the music.
And, as I said earlier, I did actually try a couple of headsets when I was able
to use them, and even the high-end ones, for instance, the Senheizer range,
fell way short of what I would find acceptable.

So what I'm essentially saying is that, if and when I do go down that road, and
it is quite likely, I would do it properly and buy a high quality portable
microphone, such as the Sure MB88.

On 21/06/2019, 16:04, "grtd...@internode.on.net" <grtd...@internode.on.net>