Hi.
I have a Sony 55 inch Android Television which I like very much.
Unfortunately this model isn’t available any longer and Android Televisions are
on the pricy side as they are usually premium type Televisions, I did say
pricey didn’t i?
I was made aware of a Kogan 32-inch Television selling for $219, normally $399
so I ordered one.
It arrived last week though I have not unpacked the Television as yet, I’m
going to require some sighted assistance to set the Television up, assemble the
stand etc so may as well leave the whole thing packed until such time as MS
Eyeballs drops by.
I plan to put the Kogan Television in my Den as it’s a good small size.
From the looks of things I stand a very good chance of getting the Television
talking as one has access to the Google Play Store and can install Apps.
Furthermore the Television has Google Assistant built-in and you summon the
Assistant using a dedicated button on the remote control
Several Apps come preinstalled including Netfix, Stan etc though I have no idea
how accessible these might be. If they are the standard Android versions of
these Apps then I’m off to a flying start. If they are not then installing the
Android versions will go a long way to solving that problem.
The Television can connect either to your LAN or Wi-Fi Network, has a
multi-purpose USB port, a Digital Out connector for your Surround-Sound
Receiver etc and 1 HDMI port for another input source.
Google Chromecast is built right in so streaming video to the Television isn’t
a problem.
As yet I don’t know if the Television is DLNA compatible but I would imagine
that it is.
So in short – even if very little goes according to planned – I thin $219 to be
a real bargain already even if I can only turn the set on and select the
channels I want to watch, I’m extremely confident even at this early stage that
I will be able to accomplish quite a bit more than basic operations.