From: mikhail.zabal...@nokia.com <mikhail.zabal...@nokia.com>
Subject: RE: [Telepathy] New to telepathy - help required
To: urfriend...@yahoo.com, telepathy@lists.freedesktop.org
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 11:38 AM

Hi,

From:
telepathy-boun...@lists.freedesktop.org
[mailto:telepathy-boun...@lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of ext Sai TP

Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 2:07 PM

To: telepathy@lists.freedesktop.org

  I had a look at Empathy. I need a much simpler way of
  doing it. Is it possible to establish a gtalk call session without having
  mission control or any tubes? Can I just create an account and register it
  with gtalk and make a call using telepathy-farsight? I do not need the
  presence information.

  It is like from a phone, login with a google account and make a gtalk call to
  one of the gtalk contact.

  Can anybody help me or point me to any help to do this?

You don’t have
to use tubes if you don’t need them. If Mission Control is installed in the
system, you can use its AccountManager interface to discover the Google Talk (or
any other suitable) account or create one. You are going to need it to request
the call channel.

Similarly, you
don’t have to use contact list channels or presence if you don’t care about
that.
Just use the callee’s address when requesting a call channel, or if you want
more elaborate contact validation beforehand, request its contact handle.

P.S. Would
Telepathy-Qt4, by chance, be better suited for your implementation?

Best regards,

  Mikhail